Sunday, July 19, 2009

BOUNTIFUL HIGH REUNION

We just went to Derek's 20 year High School Reunion, I never thought I could feel so young and so old at the same time. The reunion was a lot of fun. A few of my friends were there because they were married to guys that graduated with Derek. Some of them I was surprised to see, I didn't realize until that night that their husbands graduated with Derek. We sat at a table with several of Derek's old friends, it was great to hear all the stories of Derek when he was in High School. The lodge was such a beautiful setting. It was at the Canyons Resort Lodge in Park City, we took a Gondola ride up to the Pine Cafe for our dinner and party. The scenery was breathtaking. I just love the mountains!
The gondola ride back down was amazing. It was late so it was pitch black outside. It was impossible to see any of our surroundings. Suddenly, about 2/3 of the way down we came up over a hill and could see the whole resort all lit up, what an amazing site.
The party was so great, it got me thinking about my reunion. I hope we have the large turn out at mine that Derek did at his. Luckily for me, I have six more years to think about it.

No comments: