Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Birthday Was Great!

As I celebrate my birthday I try not to think about the age part and just revel in the one day that is all my own. I taught preschool on my birthday but the parents were so great! Lizzy's mom, Kami, and Kira's mom, Kristin, brought cupcakes for us and balloons for me. All the kids sang happy birthday, it was so cute! Porter and his mom gave me a darling heart shaped necklace. I love it!

Derek and the girls gave me presents when I woke up. The girls picked out the presents all by themselves. Jaydie gave me a bag of my favorite mini candy bars and Averi gave me a Disney cookbook, with recipes the kids and I can make together. It was so cute to see how excited they were to give me their gifts. They each made me a cute little card and everything. Derek gave me some cute clothes from Hollister. I got spoiled! That afternoon Derek took me to see KNOWING at the Gateway. That was a pretty scary movie, and very different than what I thought, but it was good. Next, we went to dinner at Benihana, love it! The Minnesota Timber wolves happened to be there having dinner at the table next to us. It was fun to listen to them talk amongst themselves about the game, girls, and friends.

We had a party at my mom's house
last night. She was so great. She went all out making me dinner and getting my favorite ice cream and cake. Speaking of which we snapped this great picture of Macey and Grey enjoying the festivities... This was taken with Brock's phone, Kelli took some others with her great camera, I will post those when I can. Aren't they so cute. They sat there for so long eating their dessert.

My mom and dad gave me the cutest boots and Jamie and Kelli gave me Gustav Klimt's The Kiss print. I can't wait to hang it!

I also got many happy birthday messages from all my friends on Facebook! You guys are great! Thanks to everyone who made my birthday special! I hope I can do the same for you when the time comes...

3 comments:

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

Happy Happy Birthday.....and just because you try not to think about the age part. I won't mention the #32. Isn't that your favorite athletes` jersey number?

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

And you thinking " No thanks to my oldest friend in the world for forgeting my birthday!"
AHHH! I hate myself. I love you and wish I had remembered. You are a great friend. Thank you for your friendship over the years.
Happy Belated Birthday!