Saturday, June 7, 2008

Graduation

I can't believe the school year is over. It feels like we just had preschool orientation and now I have completed another year. I hope my students finished the year with a love of school and an eagerness to learn more. It never ceases to amaze me how much they can learn in such a short time. I feel so privileged to be there with them as they learn concepts that are the foundation for their future education. I can't tell you how great that feels! Not to mention how much I love them to call me Miss Cristy when I see them at the grocery store! I had so much fun with these kids, it was great to have my own little one, Averi, in the class as well this year. She was such a doll and it was fun to watch her interact with her peers. I am going to miss experiencing that when she is in Kindergarten.
I posted a slide show of our graduation program. My sister, Kelli, and Derek took these pictures, some kids are shown more than others but that is only because of where they were sitting during the program. I have to admit, watching the slide show makes me smile with tears in my eyes.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, I want Tyler to be in your preschool! Cross your fingers that we will be back in Utah before he is supposed to start! Those hats are darling.

Jill said...

Cristy Shields!
Hi, it is your long lost friend, Jill! Rebekah forwarded me your blog invite, hope you don't mind, I had to take a peek and see your darling kids! I am so happy for you. It sounds like all is well and great and your little one is a doll! I can't believe how fast time flies. If you grab a minute, take a look at my blog cjlawrencefamily.blogspot.com
I would love to catch up with you. I don't know where you moved. We are in Kaysville. Take care and tell your family Hi. Paige still asks when she can play with Averi :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cristy, It's Tonya. Your kids are so adorable. What a cute family! I am so glad you have a Blog. Larry and I just started one ourselves, it is laforettfamily.blogspot.com. Hope all is well.